Wednesday, March 9, 2011

David Blakesley.

On Thursday, February twenty-fourth a visitor from Clemson University came to speak to an audience of people of interest of what he was speaking about. I was one of those who attended this meeting. This man’s name is David Blakesley.

I was interested in going to this meeting because I am majoring in Mass Communication with a Consideration in Electronic Media. My overall goal is to work in Advertising..


Dennis, my fiancé, joined me at this meeting. He found this lecture on Visual Literacy to be very interesting, as he is going to be joining the workforce very soon. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and he got a minor in Physics last fall. He has decided to continue his education and continue on with his Master in Applied Mathematics. Dennis can be great at all the things I am not, as I am getting a Bachelor Degree in Electronic Media. Books, researching old writers, and just researching all together is what I love to do.

I want to learn all that I can about new forms of media. The economy has become the “electronic” age.

When David Blakesley came to speak at this lecture, he told us of books that he had written (Parlor Press) books. He said a quote that has many volumes, “Absorbing pictures to stimulate mental content is a poor way to learn to write,” this statement is very true. I almost feel sorry for many of the younger children who grow up with iPads, Nanos, and all the new media.

Writing about this topic is significant to my wedding and marriage because just the fact that my fiancé came to this lecture tells me that I have a keeper. I have someone who is able to join in with the things I do. Does the person you are involved with try to at least understand and maybe participate in the things you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment